Andrea's Reviews > The Guardian's Wildchild

The Guardian's Wildchild by Feather Stone

Feb 24, 12

bookshelves: read-in-2012
Read from February 20 to 21, 2012, read count: 1

The Guardian's Wildchild caught me off guard. The opening paragraph demanded my attention. When the story opens, Earth has been ravaged by natural disasters. Martial law is in effect. No mercy is shown to those perceived as a threat. Sam Waterhouse is a virtual captive to the military he is part of, there's no way out without risking his life or those of his children. Sidney Davenport is a Guardian, she was destined for greatness. When she is captured and sentenced to execution aboard Sam's ship, their worlds collide and are radically altered. Neither may make it out alive.

The Guardian's Wildchild really surprised me. I'm not sure why, but I expected this book to be more of a paranormal romance. There is definitely a strong paranormal slant to the story, and a bit of romance. But it really read, to me, like a mystery. And that's fine. The story was really strong, with the twist coming at every turn.

The Guardian's Wildchild was very well-written. I didn't love all the choices or avenues the story took, but the motivations were concise and well-thought out. The author seemed to have a strong sense of the story she wanted to tell and never took the easy way out of an awful situation. And I must say, I was very surprised with the ending. It was tough and raw. And I honestly never saw it coming. If you like stories that have a intense mystery with a fantasy spin, The Guardian's Wildchild may be the book for you.

Favorite Quote:

"The year 2020 was one long, terrifying nightmare. The planet trembled violently for months as if desperately trying to shed its skin. " (pg. 1)

Source: Received from the publisher for review purpose.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Guardian's Wildchild.