D.lee's Reviews > Key to My Heart

Key to My Heart by Victoria Wells

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read in July, 2010

Eva is Summer and Star's sassy friend from the previous books. Now its Eva turn to reveal her painfully deep secret that she hasn't shared with anyone not even her sister-friends. She has been haunted constantly in her dreams and now she ready to face her past and the baby she begrudgingly gave up for adoption 7 years ago.
During her second year of college she fell in love with and got pregnant by Langston Wallington III. Langston comes from old money and his socialite mother manipulates him into convincing Eva to give their baby up for adoption. Eva has second thoughts about her decision, but its too late and the hospital will not even let her see her baby. Little does she know that in the 9th hour Langston steps up and claims custody of their baby and has been raising her alone. With a new found determination and courage, Eva decides to confront Langston about finding their baby. Imagine her surprise when she discovers she doesn't have to look any further than the man she once love.
Beatrice(Langston's mother) is despicable, hateful, vengeful and a self-righteous monster, and that's describing mildly. The way she treated Eva, Zoe and Langston is so indescribably horrible, it truly broke my heart. She was selfish, cold and totally unfeeling, but Eva's family and friends were just the opposite. I enjoyed going on their journey to become a family, with Eva and Langston. They were truly blessed to have so much love and support despite his mother. Although Beatrice has an awakening and tries to prove she has changed, I'm not sure I would allow her to get too close to my child. One of my favorite moments in the book was when Eva's mother Janet met Beatrice. She was very cool, but she definitely got her point across. As always Eva, Summer and Star are ride or die chicks and it is so much fun reading their dialogue. I always feel like the book I have just read by Ms Wells is the best, but the truth is....she is just a great writer and knows how to capture her readers from page one. I can't wait to find out what happens between Nick and Karen......bring it on Ms Wells, you have a fan for life!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Key to My Heart.