Nancy's Reviews > Withering Tights

Withering Tights by Louise Rennison

Mar 10, 12

bookshelves: kindle-fire, teens-coming-of-age
Read from January 21 to 23, 2012

Some of my friends have read a lot of this authors books, so I decided to read one of them. Tullulah is a 14 and a half year old girl. She goes to an arts college for a summer program, instead of going camping with her younger brother. She is tall, and doesn't like her nobby knees. She makes friends, and wants to come back in September. She is afraid that the staff will not give her high enough marks. Then she is chosen to be the lead in a comic version of Withering Heights/Withering Tights. She basis her role of Heathcliff, on a boy who is snogging with many of the girls in the village. He struts around and thinks all the girls are after him.

I thought the book was very funny. I learned alot of Bristish words and sayings. I was ready for a much funnier ending. I was hoping for more of the reactions from the villagers as they recognized Cain as the model for Heathcliff. The play was well received, and the audience applauded at the right times. Tallulah earned the right to get to come back in the fall.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Withering Tights.