Richard's Reviews > 1222

1222 by Anne Holt

M_50x66
Jan 21, 12

Recommended to Richard by: I read a review.
Recommended for: Mystery lovers; people who like survivor stories, or strong women.
Read from January 17 to 20, 2012, read count: 1

Okay, here is a translation from Norwegian to English that I enjoyed. This would be very easy to adapt to stage or screen since all action in the story starts with a train crash very near a mountain resort 1222 meters (4000 Feet) above sea level.

The story is held tightly to the survivors awaiting rescue in the large resort/train station named, appropriately 1222. Oh, yes, there is a storm raging outside that is worse than any other in known history, eventually blowing away lesser buildings and almost burying this large hotel.

The tension builds as the storm wreaks havoc on the sanctuary and is a constant menace. Our narrator is a quirky character; a former police woman, crippled by a gunshot, who solves the two murders.

One mystery she cannot solve, though, is how does she feel pain from her wound caused in the train wreck when it is in a leg she has no feeling in, and cannot move.

Oh, yes, there is a preview from the next book appearing this summer. Give me more Anne Holt.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1222.