Stephanie (Once Upon a Chapter)'s Reviews > Under the Same Sky

Under the Same Sky by Genevieve Graham

Mar 31, 2012

bookshelves: the-shelf-of-awesome, read-in-2012
Read in January, 2012

Really a 4.5. An awesome historical. CANNOT wait to read the next one. :)

Why I Picked It Up: I read the book description when the author got in touch with me and I was hooked. I couldn’t wait to read it.

What I Lurved: Oh my goodness! It’s more like what’s not to love? Graham does such a wonderful job describing the settings and events in Under the Same Sky! I could vividly see everything Graham was describing. As soon as I started reading it, I could not put it down. Andrew and Maggie (our hero and heroine) have been able to communicate telepathically for as long as they can remember even though they have never met. This really added to the book and helped develop the relationship. The Cherokee play a large role in Under the Same Sky and I really enjoyed the detail about their lives and beliefs. Genevieve Graham includes such beautiful detail that I had no trouble imagining any part of the book.

What I Could Have Lived Without: This really isn’t a complaint but Andrew and Maggie each have some pretty traumatic stuff happen during the book. This definitely added to the book but it made me hurt for the characters.

Recommended For: Anyone who enjoys historical fiction. If you enjoyed the historical aspects and detail in Outlander, you’ll enjoy Under the Same Sky. Make sure you don’t miss this one.
Avoid If: You enjoy a romance where the hero and heroine are together most of the book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Under the Same Sky.