Caitlin Cranmer's Reviews > The Heroin Diaries: A Year In The Life Of A Shattered Rock Star

The Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx

Apr 03, 12

did not like it
Read in January, 2011

I wouldn't call this a biography. I would say Nikki Sixx wanted to write a something and threw some random events and comments together. True bios start at the beginning and take you through a journey. This book starts you somewhere at the bottom of Nikki's drug faze where the reader knows he has hit rock bottom but Nikki refuses to give his substance abuse up. The book is a mish mash of his own journal thoughts as well as other people in his life at the those entries. The other people include ex-girlfriends and Montley Crue bandmates who give their side to the stories that Nikki is telling. This is a interesting feature as I have never seen someone write their own bio and ask others to come in and rip or deny what the author is saying. However, even with this feature, book is rather boring and mundane. I will say this though, it has one of the best artistic layouts that I have ever seen in a book (that is not about art). The art in this book, and the way the pages and text are designed is very cool!. So, maybe don't bother reading it but rather pick it up to flip through and see the art.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heroin Diaries.