dp.'s Reviews > The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution

The Ancestor's Tale by Richard Dawkins

Jul 24, 2008

Read in July, 2008

If I had 6 weeks and sandy beach all to myself, this book would have been ideal.

Instead, I have 60+ hours of commitments per week and my weekends are usually spent catching up with my personal business (laundry, cleaning, working out, sex, etc.) so it's hard to read a 600 page book in two weeks. I took this one out from the library.

That's another thing! The ladies at the reference desk are evil. Why is it that the people at circulation are so gentle and nice and the people at reference are total jawbones? They don't like to give it up!

So, this book was good. Probably would have been better if I could really mull over every last detail of it. I like when Dawkins' humor pops up from time to time especially in the notes. I like how he takes a whole paragraphs and slides not even gracefully in to a political commentary.

I'm completely amped to get over to libabry and take out something shorter and maybe even trashy.

You would like this book if you like prehistory, evolution, Bill-Brysoney type writing, animals, and prehistoric landforms and geology.

Go for it. Hit it up if you have the time and the brain power to spare.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ancestor's Tale.