Estara's Reviews > Slow Hands

Slow Hands by Leslie Kelly

Jan 21, 12

bookshelves: ebook, read-in-2012
Read from January 20 to 21, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

** spoiler alert ** Actually this is 3.5 stars for me: The first three quarters of the book were really good and the heat level was perfect and then the big melodrama scene hit at Maddie's sister's pre-wedding dinner and just because of that she suddenly decided it was okay to get together with Jake and believe in their chance at love. That really annoyed me.

Leslie Kelly sure has a great voice for snappy dialogue between hero and heroine and the two were just very sympathetic people, who accepted each other as they got to know each other.

I appreciate that it is the heroine who has the most of the development here, Jake is obviously quite confident in his role in the world - he would have to be to have any chance of keeping his cool when being together with a girl from Chicago's high society.

The concentration on the two of them was just fine, it allowed for them to overcome the misconceptions at the start and to believably fall in love not just lust. Other than Maddie and Jake we get to know her sister Tabbie a bit and (a very small bit) her father Jason (with one scene where we see Jake's youngest sister), and that worked for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Slow Hands.

message 1: by apple (new)

apple totally agree with you there, the author writes good snappy dialogue and bantering! haha when I read this book I didn't know it was part of a series called *blush* The Wrong Bed Again and Again.. (that's really blush-worthy)

Estara Neither did I ^^ - I simply had read a few Kathleen O'Reilly Blazes and then in 2009 Harlequin offered those free reads. As you can see I got around to reading it 3 years later, heh ^^.