Shannon Murphy's Reviews > Here

Here by Denise Grover Swank

Jan 22, 12

Read on January 21, 2012

This was a different take on the paranormal, which I enjoyed.

Julia feels guilty for killing her best friend Monica in a car accident, she has a new skill of drawing and weird dreams about the accident. She has become a shell of her former self and has pushed everyone way and is failing school. Suddenly, the popular Evan starts taking an interest in Julia. Julia's guidance counselor suggests she have some tutoring to catch up in her classes in order to pass so she accepts...her tutor is....Evan.

After her and Evan being tutoring sessions they soon develope and friendship, then of course a relationship. Just when Julia becomes comfortable with Evan, she meets the mystery student Resse whom takes an interest in her. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE, julia thinks but she cares for Evan and hopes he can bring her back to herself again. All seems to be going well with Julia and Evan until he freaks out on her after seeing the bracelt she wears, and that she has worn since her accident but she doesnt know where it came from, however, Evan seems to know something hes not telling her.

Soon enough Julia finds out Evans secret and learns that he is from an alternate world, that he and she and resse and monica are all real people in this alternate world post Cuban Missle Crisis era....

Dont want to give anymore away, but I will say this was a good read and a new twist on the paranormal that was different and unique and I can say I havent read anything like it before. I hope there is a second book coming since the ending left me hanging.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here.