Book Him Danno's Reviews > Bonnie

Bonnie by Iris Johansen

Feb 14, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read on January 21, 2012

I will be reviewing this title on my blog in the next few weeks and all I have to say right now is that I cried and cried while I read this book. A good ending to the unanswered questions about Bonnie.

This is my review of all three books in the trilogy- I gave the whole thing 3 1/2 stars.

I found that this author is a bit hit and miss with her books. Some have been great and others have floundered. This was not bad, but it seemed longer than necessary. I would have liked the back story to have progressed just a bit faster. EVE - I think all the love between Eve and Bonnie’s father could have been shorter…we get it they couldn’t keep their hands off of each other…what teenagers can?

The mystery keeps progressing towards finding Bonnie’s killer. I cannot imagine losing a child and not knowing what happen to them. I found that the book Eve had lots of sex...teenagers and the like I guess. The book ends with a cliff hanger so I immediately picked up Quinn. Who wouldn't want to know more about him?

QUINN - It was fun to go back and learn about how they met and what brought the two together, Eve and Quinn seem to have a long lasting type of patient love and I wondered how that came about. This is a great history lesson on the two of them until the action starts. This one also ends with a 'WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT FEELING.' A bit of romance seems to spring between a few characters(Ling and Gallo), but no sex only lots of action than on to Bonnie.

BONNIE - Bonnie keeps the action going with the chase for her killer, I have to say that the ending is bitter-sweet...you do find out what happen and in some ways it is better that it happened that way than how I could have imagined. I loved the end and I cried...for Eve and for Bonnie...even a bit for Quinn and Gallo who never really had the chance to get to know her. I think everyone will have empathy for what the family has gone through with the loss of Bonnie.

I think EVE was interesting, but if could have been shorter and more to the point. QUINN was a bit faster and BONNIE kept me reading to the bitter end. I'm glad I know what happened to Bonnie and now Eve can truly put her to rest.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bonnie.

01/21/2012 page 120