Jennifer's Reviews > Moonraker

Moonraker by Ian Fleming

Jan 21, 12

bookshelves: movie, fiction, action
Read in January, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

I have to say this was the most interesting book to read so far out of Bond books. Oddly it isn't because of the content. All movie Bond fans know that Moonraker is the cheesiest, and campiest of all Bond films. And the story was the furthest from the story from what I read so far. I was reading the hoping to see beautiful people try and create a super race, and secretly hoping Jaws would make an appearance. Well they don't happen. In a way it is sad.

But taking the book completely out of context of the horrible remake, it is an excellent story. In a way, not much happens in the story. But that is what makes Bond stories interesting, it is in all the smaller details. But I could of hoped that there wasn't any gambling in this one, since I find reading about a game incredibly dry.

First half of the story focuses on Drax, a new public figure to England. He was a fallen soldier from World War II who has his own rags to riches story, and currently building a missile for England's self defense. M heard that Drax might be cheating at cards, and suspect something fishy is going on. The second half goes from cards to investigation at the Moonraker base.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonraker.