William Thomas's Reviews > Batman: The Black Mirror

Batman by Scott Snyder

Scott Snyder will most likely be known for the rest of his life for creating American Vampire, but his run on Batman before the DC relaunch is his real legacy.

Snyder has incorporated all of the elements of the Bat that matter to us- not muscle, but brains, not invulnerability but prudence, detection and action both. What he and Jock have created is the greatest series of arcs in Recent Batman history. Because what Snyder is is a brilliant writer. Not only a genre writer, but one that is truly American modern.

Jock- you've been penciling in the same style since The Losers and as always it is flat out brilliant modern art. Perfection.

Writing Grade: A
Art Grade: A
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Batman.

Mike I have to agree, now that you put it that way - Jock's art is true modern art, should be hanging in a museum or five.

William Thomas I think it's often imitated in indie books but never duplicated. I have no idea how he gets those lines like that, but they're pretty amazing. I've always wondered why people love Maleev but never give Jock the credit or the spotlight he deserves.