Molly's Reviews > The Shadow of Your Smile

bookshelves: favorites
Recommended to Molly by: LitFuse
Recommended for: everyone
Read in January, 2012

Wow! She did it AGAIN! Susan May Warren is an author who creates books worth reflecting on. This is one of those books that you need to sit on and ponder back on awhile. Susan is an author who can take anything and turn it into a masterpiece. It doesn't matter if it's romance, drama, historical or humor....give it to her and she turns it into a work of art.

That's what this book is. A masterful work of art. Simply put. I didn't get to read the first Deep Haven novel but I am SO happy that I had the chance to read this one. The Shadow Of Your Smile is a story that combines tragedy, drama, humor, love, romance, friendship, trust and secrets and turns it into a whopper of a fantastical read. I was hooked from the start and this book kept me in awe the whole time.

Noelle and Eli. What amazing characters. Both are ready to throw in the towel on their marriage. After 3 years of living as despondent roommates, rather than as the husband and wife that they were, Noelle wants to start her life over and follow her life long dreams. Eli stays away more often than not. But, then something tragic happens. An accident that can erase time and leave people starting from the beginning. Noelle loses her memory.

Devastated Eli vows to help her remember. Tries to bring his beautiful Noelle back to where they were before the first tragic accident. But, can his love and smiles bring her back? Or has he lost his one true love forever?

Though this story is about Eli and Noelle, whom the reader will fall instantly in love with, the secondary characters....Kyle, Emma, Kirby, Lee....all of them lend an added depth and turn the story into a heartwarming, humor-filled, captivating read.

This is most definitely a high 5 Book worthy novel. A story based on tragedy and drama, you'll fall in love with the sweet town of Deep Haven, it's residents, and the history behind the family torn apart by tragic circumstances. You'll follow them, feel their emotions as your own, and get lost among the messages of God's unending love and guidance. A truly amazing story of tears, laughter and second chances. Well done, Ms. Warren! I can't wait until the next Deep Haven novel or to go back and read My Foolish Heart, Deep Haven #1!

This review originated at Reviews By Molly in part with a blog tour.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Shadow of Your Smile.