Lynn ಠ_ಠ's Reviews > Practice Makes Perfect

Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James

Jan 21, 12

bookshelves: contemporary, romance, chick-lit, adult
Read in January, 2012

Woohoo, another page turner by Ms. James!
I went through this faster than I did with Just the Sexiest Man Alive. I checked the status was so shocked to find myself already at 67%...it felt like I had just started. The characters were likable, I liked sassy Payton and as for J.D., I didn't quite like him at first because of his cut the shoe heel prank. I enjoyed the 'opposites'thing they have going on and their banter made me smile a lot.

On a slightly different note, the ending was sort of meh. It felt too similar to Just the Sexiest Man Alive, (view spoiler) Other parts of the setup also felt quite similar to JTSMA, hero with hero's best friend giving advice, the 'other guy' to provide some competition (but the character is sort of bland)...of course, the occupations of the hero/heroine being lawyers probably contributed as well.

I read this right after I finished JTSMA, so this is probably why I felt that there were quite a few parallels between both books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Practice Makes Perfect.