Chibineko's Reviews > Empowered, Volume 5

Empowered, Volume 5 by Adam Warren

Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: superheroes, butt-kicking-heroines
Read in January, 2012

After the Capeys debacle, Emp's been having a lot more problems than successes. You'd think that her skill at stopping Dwarf from killing everyone would have gotten her a little respect, but no. Several superheroes doubt her claims and some have even been making accusations that she caused it all herself. To make matters worse, Willy Pete is back and the Superhomies are going to try to beat him, leading towards (slight spoiler) a heart breaking finale for the volume.

There's a lot to like in this volume and I have to say, I'm really sorry to see some of the characters go. I won't name names, but this character was one of my favorites for the short time they appeared. However, the character was made endearing for a reason and that's to make their death that much more of a loss to everyone involved.

This was absolutely worth getting and fans of the series will probably be like me, scrambling to get the next volume as quickly as they can so they can catch up with everything that's been released.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Empowered, Volume 5.