Delaney's Reviews > The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet

The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne

Jan 20, 2012

liked it
Read from January 20 to 26, 2012

Hamlet her personality was okay. I didn't like her but that didn't mean I hated her either. She has a sister named Dezzie who is a genius at age 7. I didn't think any of her sister being a genius being a genius or her speaking "Shakespearen" was of any big deal. Her parents didn't really get Hamlet so much because they were so rapped up in their own world that they didn't understand the daily embarrassment and not sticking out so much.

I thought as much as this story didn't really appeal to me, it connected to me. Since I'm currently in 7th grade, I've realized not to stick out but then if you stick out and be yourself it's not so bad. It's nice to know that some people--many people--realize that being in middle school is hard especially when you come back from summer break and everyone has changed except for you and you don't know what to do about anything anymore.

Throughout the book I really liked the whole "Salute to Shakespeare" how it changed both Dezzie, Hamlet's parent personalities, and Hamlet herself.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet.

01/23/2012 page 100
39.0% "So many things to find out!"
01/23/2012 page 141
55.0% "Pig, genius sister, and shakespeare!"
01/23/2012 page 158
62.0% "Is it this person or is it this person?????"
01/24/2012 page 189
74.0% "Maybe it's just me or that Erin Dionne makes you really hate the parents????!"
01/25/2012 page 226
88.0% "So BUZY that I can't read until weekends! DX"