Madeline's Reviews > Fate Succumbs

Fate Succumbs by Tammy Blackwell

Sep 13, 12

bookshelves: read-2012
Read from September 12 to 13, 2012, read count: 1

OK. So I finished reading earlier this afternoon, and it's taken me a while to post this review, mainly because I had mixed feelings on how I felt about it. I want to be honest here, and hopefully no one will kill me. *crosses fingers* Here goes.

First, I'll say that I have loved, loved, loved this series, generally, in its entirety, as evidenced by my reviews on the first two books: Destiny Binds, and Time Mends. However I'm not sure I could say the same for this third and last book. I think it's because I expected too much of it in my mind, and like put it up on a golden pedestal of high expectations, while waiting for it to be released, and imagined several different endings to it, other than how it ended, that I can't help feeling a tiny bit disappointed. I don’t want to give specifics, because I don't want to ruin it to other readers who've yet to make their final journey with Scout and the gang. Even as I type this, my feelings are conflicted on it; so much so that a tiny piece of my heart breaks. I just can't believe it's finished.

I felt that too much of the book was spent on Scout & Liam 'on the road' hiding, when perhaps it could've had more on the main concern and issue on their hands - taking care of that "Alpha" matter on both sides. There was a lot of info on Shifters and her history that Scout learns and I enjoyed that because it also helped me understand how it all came to be where they are, a bit better. And there were moments when I did get teary-eyed, it couldn't be helped, I'm sure you'll might pass thru that as well as you read.

I am giving it 4 stars, because I did LIKE the book, and I gotta say that cover is just AWESOME! I think it's a beautiful cover; I fell in love with the cover from the first time it was released. Maybe once I read it again, my feelings on it will get clearer, so I look forward to that - I do want to re-read them all from beginning to end. And I look forward to the next series Mrs Blackwell has for us. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fate Succumbs.