Dannielle's Reviews > Kiss Me, I'm Irish

Kiss Me, I'm Irish by Roxanne St. Claire

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: net-galley, 2012, anthologies, romance
Read from January 26 to February 04, 2012

Roxanne St. Claire- It was really hard for me to like Deuce at first. He comes roaring back into town after being gone for 10 years and expects nothing to have changed and Kendra to fall into bed with him after he left her with no phone call or anything. He really had an ego problem and spent most of the story working on getting into check. I knew finding out Kendra's secret would put him in his place, just took a little longer than expected. Kendra was nice, I thought she could have spoken up for herself more than she did. But I guess when you've loved a guy for as long as she's loved Deuce that is hard to do.

Overall, it was a nice story with some good supporting characters. Although some things did get left in the air a bit at the end of the story, so that was frustrating.

Jill Shalvis- A much better story. At first I wasn't sure I'd like Nicole. She seemed to have so many excuses for why she had no time for a guy and had to be a workaholic. But she let her guard down and Ty was able to make his move. They were so great together. Nicole's sarcasm and lack of social skills made for some funny moments. They each have their issues to work through and I was very happy when that happened. Ty and Nicole are great together!

Maureen Child- This was probably the hardest story for me to finish. It started off fine, but then I just felt that it was too predictable. So I set the book down and had to force myself to pick it up and finish. Sure it was as predicted, but the story was still decent. Connor is really freaking HOT. I got kind of annoyed with Emma. She knew she loved Connor but was still convinced that he would be just like her ex. But isn't a part of loving someone, knowing who they really are? Just frustrated me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss Me, I'm Irish.