Rane's Reviews > Sweet Evil

1987431
Jan 20, 2012

bookshelves: young-adult, paranormal-pnr-supernatural, keeper
Read from May 01 to 02, 2012

One word can sum up this whole book for me: Captivating

As I started this book I thought it be about an angel falling in love, Wendy Higgins quickly throws anything I might of had about this book out the window and created an amazing tale of a young Nephilim, Anna Whitt, who doesn't know what she is, only that her senses are super hype, and she's able to see and feel emotions. Until she meets a drummer (stud muffin) Kaidan Rowe and everything she knows is turned on her head and the life she must walk will test everything she knows..

Anna comes across as someone naive and maybe a little goody-two shoes, but it fits her, the kindness, and love she gives builds the strength she needs in order to face some pretty nasty demons and things that could break anyone's heart and turn them into the negative side of life. She to has her flaws, but their of a young girl in love, and confused, but still standing tall. The Demon Dukes who serve the devil here on earth, all serve one vice, from pride, lust, subsidence abuse. I thought this was very clever and intriguing in how the Dukes try to pollute human's mind, and how easy it is for us to give in to our dark thoughts and give up. It takes courage to fight even if the battle is in ourselves. That's where our Guardian Angels come in, always there protecting us, telling us we can! Being that a positive in our lives.

Such as Kaidan whose father the Duke of Lust has used Kaidan for his own bidding much as the other Dukes have of their Neph children. Kaidan blows hot and cold when it comes to Anna. He thought she was a false and to good to be true and later it becomes so much more that Kaidan loses his heart to her, but knowing they can't be together, I quickly grew to adore Anna, Kaidan and all those who support them. Each had something different and whole to bring to the table. Even to the point where your heart breaks when you read the tragic tales about these Neph children.

The pace of the book never lets up, with the stakes getting only higher each chapter, and each page. With many things being reveled to Anna that cause her at times to stumble, but she never gives up in the face of change and alot of heartache and tears.

Sweet Evil shows that in believing in the good and love of people, there's still hope. This book left me hoping and looking for more from this amazing series.

Warning: References to Rape, Abuse, Drugs, Suicide

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

05/02/2012
07/30/2016 marked as: read

Comments (showing 1-21)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 21: by Kristen (new) - added it

Kristen This book looks good and I'm in a paranormal kick. Great review, Rane.

Erika Wow 5 stars! http://www.smileycodes.info
Ending Rane.. ending?? Is it safe? Come on Rane I wanna read this book now http://www.smileycodes.info

message 19: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited May 05, 2012 07:18PM) (new)

✿Alyssa✿ Ahhhh! Great review Rane! I just added this to my TBR List! I can't wait to read it- it sounds awesome! :)

message 18: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Kristen wrote: "This book looks good and I'm in a paranormal kick. Great review, Rane."

Thank you Kristen! It's a very beautiful story

message 17: by Rane (last edited May 05, 2012 05:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Erika wrote: "Wow 5 stars!

SAFE!

No need to worry about cliffhanger ending, there are loose endings, but enough to leave the reader content for now

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Awesome review, Rane! I'm adding this to my TBR. Sounds great.

message 15: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* wrote: "Awesome review, Rane! I'm adding this to my TBR. Sounds great."

Thanks Jayne!
The author does thrown in some hard knocks, but she makes the reader see the beauty and inner strength inside all of us, we just gotta hold on to it. ..
Yeah, I totally cried like a baby in some parts of the book :D

message 14: by Erika (last edited May 05, 2012 06:43PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika Rane wrote: "Erika wrote: "Wow 5 stars!

is..

Don't make my cliffhanger phobia worse :P
So it's safe! I have my green light! Whooyooo! http://www.smileycodes.info

message 13: by ✿Alyssa✿ (last edited May 05, 2012 07:20PM) (new)

✿Alyssa✿ HA! I just realized that I thought Kristen wrote this review, which is why I called you her name in my earlier comment, hehe! (which I fixed, by the way!) *smiling sheepishly* ...I had a blonde moment! Anyhow, like I was saying earlier... awesome review Rane! :)

message 12: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane Erika wrote: "Rane wrote: "Erika wrote: "Wow 5 stars!

is..

Don't make my cliffhanger phobia wors..."

Erika Rane wrote: "*huggles* No, this will not make your cliffhanger phobia worse, it might make you cry, but it's a go to read! "

I'm already halfway through with the book Raney :D

message 10: by Rane (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rane ♥Alyssa♥ wrote: "HA! I just realized that I thought Kristen wrote this review, which is why I called you her name in my earlier comment, hehe! (which I fixed, by the way!) *smiling sheepishly* ...I had a blonde mom..."

Thanks Alyssa! No worries :D I hope you enjoy this very amazing book!

Rane Erika wrote: "Rane wrote: "*huggles* No, this will not make your cliffhanger phobia worse, it might make you cry, but it's a go to read! "

I'm already halfway through with the book Raney :D"

I guess it means you LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEITTTTT! ;D

Erika Oh please, too early for your smug face because I'm not finish yet http://www.smileycodes.info

Kagama-the Literaturevixen Your review sold me on this. It...sounds different Good different. :)

Rane Erika wrote: "Oh please, too early for your smug face because I'm not finish yet "

If I'm Smug now, it will be a good vibe/good luck to make sure it turns out awesome! *smug smug*

Rane Kagama-the Literaturevixen wrote: "Your review sold me on this. It...sounds different Good different. :)"

YAY! I was just surprised and floored how great this was- plus extra brownie points cause it made me cry!

message 4: by KatLynne (new)

KatLynne Fantastic review Rane!

Rane KatLynne wrote: "Fantastic review Rane!"

Thank you Katlynne!

Kajol Lovely review Rane! It portrays exactly how I felt. :D

Rane Kajol wrote: "Lovely review Rane! It portrays exactly how I felt. :D"

Thank you very much Kajol! The author really made you "feel" for these characters- I got a little teary eyed in some parts