DarienMoya's Reviews > Another Dumb Jock

Another Dumb Jock by Jeff Erno

Apr 05, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-reads, butt-virgins, my-m-m-lovin, young-adult, serious-stuff, release-2012, pants-off-reviews
Read from March 01 to 02, 2012

4.5

Jeff always makes my heart feel super happy. I loved Dumb Jock, which had me smiling, cheering, and crying, and he does it again with the sequel. This one focuses on the children of Jeff and Brett from the first book. Their son Adam is ball player, he’s popular but he still deals with prejudices when people find out he has two fathers. He defends his sexuality the only way he knows how to, with a fist to the accusers face.

Adam is also embarrassed of his father Jeff, who he feels is to feminine and emotional and he goes out of his way top prove he’s nothing like that. He’s like his dad Brett, all masculine and into sports. When the school bully starts calling him names, Adam gives him a fist to the face and finds himself suspended for a week, with appointments to attend anger management. His grades are also lacking and he needs a tutor, and it’s someone he is not too excited to work with.

Then comes Trevor, Adam’s tutor and he’s making him feel beautiful amazing things. Adam has never considered himself gay, and maybe he’s not, but all he knows is that he really likes Trevor and he doesn’t need to put a label on his feelings. The boys begin a slow relationship, and it’s both new and exciting for them. Though when it comes to Trevor, there is a lot he isn’t saying and it could cost him his life.

I really enjoyed this story, it hade me grinning like a loon. The author really has a talent in writing young characters. All that unnecessary angst, and the growing passion young adults feel towards each other. I loved Trevor, because I have a thing for guys in glasses and of the nerdy variety. I liked Adam, he reminds me of his father Brett, but less arrogant ^_^.

Overall, an awesome sequel and Jeff always puts a smile on my face and I have yet to be completely disappointed with one his books. Sometimes love is all you need, and the author knows how to write a good love story.

More of my reviews and ramblings at PANTS OFF REVIEWS
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Another Dumb Jock.

03/01/2012
45.0% "This is so sweet."
03/02/2012
100.0% "Jeff always makes my heart feel super happy!"