namericanwordcat's Reviews > Brawn

Brawn by Laurann Dohner

Even though this series is very much like Lora Leigh's Breeds, I tend to like it. I like that series so it figures would like this one. Sometimes, I like this series better because it is not as dark. This book was a disappointment in terms of character development of the heroine for me and there was a romantic interference which I really don't like as a plot element. In this case, it leads to a Big Misunderstanding which I also dislike. I let and understand the heroine but the book would have been better if she had more depth, the hero too really. There was a bit more villain in this book. I prefer relationship development and the characters spending time together. If I could have had more from the heroine besides her widowhood and daughterhood (interests? A job?), this would have pushed the book into three star territory. There is a some angst and drama in the book that is very well done The hero was lovely and the secondary characters very good. Well, the father of the hero is very flat and I want to hit him. There is no reason for him to be that much of an ass. I sure he will get his own book. I will keep reading this series though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brawn.

Pati I was really hoping to borrow this but I can't even get a PM request to you. Am hoping this will go through.

namericanwordcat I have already lent this book. I suggest joining Lendle. It is a great free site for lending books.

Pati Thanks for the suggestion. I already belong to 2 lending groups but have not heard of Lendle before. I'll check them out. :-)