Lindsay Foster's Reviews > The Body Farm

The Body Farm by Patricia Cornwell

Jan 26, 12

Read from January 20 to 25, 2012

** spoiler alert ** This was my second time reading The Body Farm. I read it several years ago on a whim without reading any of the prior books. This time I am reading the Scarpetta series in order. Although The Body Farm was excellent the first time around, it was even better after reading Cruel and Unusual. I highly recommend reading Cruel and Unusual first. I feel like you get more out of The Body Farm by doing so.

A lot of unexpected things happened in this book that I would have not suspected. Kay Scarpetta has an affair with Benton Wesley. Pete Marino has an affair with the mother with the mother of the little girl who was murdered. I did not expect those things out of those characters.

Gault is suspected in the crimes that occur in the little town of Black Mountain, North Carolina. All the pieces seem to fit the puzzle. Lucy is almost killed in Virginia. Without the excellent detective skills of Dr. Scarpetta, the real killer would have never been caught. Her excellent intuition is what solves the case, saves Marino's life, and possibly her own life.

I read other reviews and someone mentioned that they were disappointed at the title of the book, The Body Farm, because the book was not about that. Actually, the experiment on The Body Farm is what gave the clue that sealed the deal in the end. In fact, without that piece of evidence, I don't know that Scarpetta could have proven who the killer was.

The Body Farm is my favorite so far in The Scarpetta Series. I am excited to start reading From Potters Field.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Body Farm.

01/20/2012 "I am currently rereading The Body Farm. I read it years ago and remember that I really enjoyed it. This is the fifth book in the Scarpetta Series. Now that I am reading the books in order, I am sure I will get more out of this book than I did before."