Holly's Reviews > Bridget Jones's Diary

Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding

Jul 14, 08

bookshelves: all-time-favorite-books
Recommended for: women who have been single, those who like chick-lit

Anyone who doesn't know the premise of Bridget Jones has been living under a rock for the past ten years, so I'll skip over that part. I read, re-read, and re-re-read this book before the movie came out in 2001. Since then I've re-watched the movie many times, but never did get back to the book again until just recently.

I had forgotten the differences between the two and it was fun to experience the book version once again, but this is one of those rare times when I have to admit, quite freely, that the movie is better than the book. That's rare, but definitely the case here. The book's characters are missing a lot of the personality that the great cast of the movie contributed.

I enjoyed reading it, but I think I'm going to stick to the movie (a favorite of mine) in the future when I need a Bridget Jones (or Mark Darcy) fix.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bridget Jones's Diary.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane One of my all time favorites, as well!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

"Anyone who doesn't know the premise of Bridget Jones has been living under a rock for the past ten years"

I wish I still lived under that rock.