Heather Faville's Reviews > Scars on the Face of God: The Devil's Bible

Scars on the Face of God by C.G. Bauer

Apr 19, 2012

Read from March 24 to April 03, 2012

Technically 4.5 stars, but rounding up because it's worthy.

Like a good character driven story? One with lots and backstory and so many twists and turns you aren't sure if you're coming or going? Then you will enjoy Scars on the Face of God: The Devil's Bible. The story takes place through the eyes of Wump (Ever wonder what the sound is a tire iron makes hitting a human skull? Now you know) Wump has had a hard life and he's tired, he tries his best to be a good man to make up for his past wrongs. He has a good job working as custodial for the local parish, but some odd things continue to happen and Wump seems to be right in the middle of it all. The town has a horrible little secret and Wump is about to learn the entire story.

Honestly, I don't want to say too much about Scars on the Face of God: The Devil's Bible because even though I have read it I think I need to go back and read it again. It's one of those tales that has so many hidden tidbits scattered throughout it that you're definitely going to miss things during the first read through. Trust me that this is an excellent tale of mystery and religion mixed with a touch of horror. The main character is flawed, making him all the more believable and the surrounding characters play fantastically against Wump. The setting is simple, but well developed in that as you are reading the sights, sounds and odors are vivid enough that you could swear you just smelled dog poo. (Yes, I said dog poo)

A definite must read for all who enjoy a thrilling and mysterious well told story that can truly make you sit down and ponder the sort of life you lead and where it might take you over time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scars on the Face of God.

03/24/2012 "Not starting right away this is just the next up after The Uncanny Valley"
show 1 hidden update…