Lindsey's Reviews > Dragon's Keep

bookshelves: fantasy, singles
Recommended to Lindsey by: Melissa
Recommended for: nobody
Read from February 13 to 19, 2012 — I own a copy

This book was seriously godawful. It had a great premise, which was destroyed by bland characters, bland motivations and plodding pacing. Even the beautiful descriptions could not make this palatable. And if it were more than 300 pages, I would have given up on it. The main character is incredibly dull and of course is convinced the first noble boy she's ever met in her life and she's only known for two days is madly in love with her. To the point of referring to him as her "lover" for the rest of the book. Not love. Lover. Ugh. And of course, because this is YA, he is. The wild ferocity of the dragons was the book's saving grace, but it was all but undone by the total lack of personality among any of the dragons. Everything felt forced. The ending picked up the pace considerably, but it was too little too late and everything felt far too convenient. Hideous.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon's Keep.

02/14/2012 page 52
16.0% "I think I already knew where this is going. Not crazy about the helter-skelter beginning. Needs more dragons."
02/14/2012 page 113
35.0% "This book seriously needs more interesting characters. At least it has a good mystery going for it." 2 comments
02/15/2012 page 1544
100.0% "The boy has potential so far, but I remain wary of how Rosalind is already referring to him as her "beloved." Why? Because he looked at her? Ugh."
02/16/2012 page 204
64.0% "I decided that what I like about this is that the dragons are portrayed as wild beasts and not the friends of man. It's a different take since they're still intelligent. But otherwise, this is a bit of a snorefest. My goal is to finish tomorrow."
02/17/2012 page 250
78.0% "Plans for finishing this tonight are shaky due to things... But I will finish this weekend somehow. Maybe in line at my silly convention tomorrow. Also, why do I only like the characters who keep leaving the story? The lead is boring as toast."
show 1 hidden update…