Caitlin's Reviews > The Piper's Son

The Piper's Son by Melina Marchetta

Jan 20, 2012

bookshelves: fiction, realistic-fiction, recommended, new-adult, young-adult, contemporary
Read from January 22 to 23, 2012 — I own a copy

Marchetta is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. After reading Saving Francesca I wouldn't have picked the insensitive "Thomas" as a potential narrator but I soon became attached to him and his aunt Georgie, whose narration we are also introduced to in Piper's Son. Tom's difficult history and subsequent reconciliation with his parents, friends and Tara was emotional and engaging.

I'm hooked and would love to read more about Francesca, Tom and their friends and families. The next novel should be from Jimmy's POV for sure. I'd love to know more about him, his relationship with the Spinellis and especially what he's been up to since his Grandad passed away and he took off. I hope that's where Marchetta is going next, as there was a lot of mystery surrounding Jim in this sequel of sorts. Fingers crossed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Piper's Son.

Quotes Caitlin Liked

Melina Marchetta
“The two horsewomen of the apocalypse still win, despite their dwindling numbers.”
Melina Marchetta, The Piper's Son

Melina Marchetta
“I’m scared I’m going to spend the rest of my life in a state of yearning, regardless of where I am.”
Melina Marchetta, The Piper's Son