Barbara Ardinger's Reviews > I Shall Wear Midnight

I Shall Wear Midnight by Terry Pratchett

Jan 20, 2012

I own and have read all of Pratchett's Discworld novels. When I was called for jury duty a year or two ago, I took the first one with me. I didn't get picked for a jury (the defendant did a plea deal), but I kept reading my way across my shelf. It took me from early October until early February to read all 30-odd novels. Along the way, I found all the splendid websites devoted to Discworld.

I Shall Wear Midnight is the third book about Tiffany Aching. It's advertised as a young adult novel, but don't worry about that. Grownups will find it as much fun as any of the other Discworld novels. In this one, Tiffany visits Ankh-Morpork.

Pratchett is not a witch, but he sure knows what it's about. "Headology," as Mistress Weatherwax tells us. The author also tells us (in one of the earlier Tiffany books) what witches' favorite food is. Free food.

If you like social satire, parody, and just plain good writing, dive into the Discworld oeuvre. Just remember to come up for air from time to time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Shall Wear Midnight.