K's Reviews > Skinny Legs and All

F 50x66
Jul 07, 2008

it was ok
bookshelves: couldntfinish, scifi-fantasy-magicrealism

Kind of cute, pretty creative at times, but ultimately not enough to keep me going. The humor worked at times but often felt cutesy and not very subtle, and I just didn't feel motivated to read hundreds more pages of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Skinny Legs and All.

message 1: by Ariella (new)

Ariella I read this book a long time ago- like college. So I dont rmember alot of it, but I do remember not liking it. (Althouhg I do think I finished it). I just couldn't get into the whole inatimate objects talking and moving thing. (was it a spoon or something like that??) And also I rmember something about glorifying the Phoenican (or some ancient civilizations')gods- or some goddess that the Torah specifically mentions. So i had issues with that as well. I read the Cowgirl book he wrote and although that one was also weird, I liked it better than this one. But in all honesty I am not a big fan of his work.

message 2: by K (new) - rated it 2 stars

K I bought this one and the Cowgirl one at Sefer ve-Sefel because someone recommended him on goodreads. After this one, I wasn't tempted to read the cowgirl one, but if you say it's better, maybe I'll give it a try. I'm actually really enjoying "The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle" right now, and it's long (plus I'm interspersing it with the reading for my Hebrew book club), so it'll be a while before I'm ready to start a new book. I didn't include "The Wind-up Bird Chronicle" in my list of recommendations to you because I'm not done with it yet, but so far, it's really readable and interesting.

message 3: by Ariella (new)

Ariella I wouldnt say that I recommend Cowgirl. I just thought it was better than this one. Dont rush to it.

message 4: by K (new) - rated it 2 stars

K I don't think I will, especially since I'm going to the States soon and can choose from a full selection of books! Yay!