Timo's Reviews > Beyond Fear: Thinking Sensibly About Security in an Uncertain World.

Beyond Fear by Bruce Schneier

M 50x66
Jan 20, 2012

Read in January, 2012

I enjoy reading Schneiers books because he has the ability to write about complex and abstract issues and then bring them down into practice by giving easy to understand examples from real life scenarios and throwing even few jokes here and there to underline the absurdity of some security measures currently used.

Schneiers analytical view is systematic and inexhaustible and while reading the book I noticed how my own ideas and concepts about what security is and how one can achieve it ended up with countless number of "why-didn't-i-think-it-from-that-point-of-view"-holes.

As a student I enjoy reading security and safety related books that take a critical viewpoint on assumptions and truths people believe and have about security and safety. I also think that the five step system Schneier introduced will prove to be useful in my studies and provide a simple yet effective and comprehensive tool to use in addition to other risk analysis tools

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond Fear.