Kristen's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: favorites

Quotes Kristen Liked

Audrey Niffenegger
“Maybe I'm dreaming you. Maybe you're dreaming me; maybe we only exist in each other's dreams and every morning when we wake up we forget all about each other.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Long ago, men went to sea, and women waited for them, standing on the edge of the water, scanning the horizon for the tiny ship. Now I wait for Henry. He vanishes unwillingly, without warning. I wait for him. Each moment that I wait feels like a year, an eternity. Each moment is as slow and transparent as glass. Through each moment I can see infinite moments lined up, waiting. Why has he gone where I cannot follow?”

Audrey Niffenegger
“I am suddenly comsumed by nostalgia for the little girl who was me, who loved the fields and believed in God, who spent winter days home sick from school reading Nancy Drew and sucking menthol cough drops, who could keep a secret.”
tags: life

Audrey Niffenegger
“Don't you think it's better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?”

Audrey Niffenegger
“We laugh and laugh, and nothing can ever be sad, no one can be lost, or dead, or far away: right now we are here, and nothing can mar our perfection, or steal the joy of this perfect moment.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing.”

Audrey Niffenegger
“Time is priceless, but it’s Free. You can't own it, you can use it. You can spend it. But you can't keep it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”