ElaineY's Reviews > Beauty & Submission

Beauty & Submission by Maria Isabel Pita

Jul 07, 08

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in January, 2007

The second part of Pita's memoir. I had to buy in e-book format as only it's available only through second-hand booksellers and Amazon won't ship internationally for these sellers despite what the site says.

Anyway, the second year of Missa's training is no less riveting but I found myself wanting a normal, romantic relationship for her simply because I see that's what she wants despite the kinky sex. I grew to trust Stinger myself as I saw he didn't even try to coerce Missa into doing anything she didn't want. Nor did he insist on doing something that she was unhappy about - like fucking another woman or giving her to another man to play with.

At the end of Missa's account, I found myself wanting, needing even, to know - is she and Stinger still with each other? Do people like them tire of the lifestyle and revert to vanilla? I suspect they don't change much, as least not the man if he's the Master. Why would he? He gets a live-in maid with sex-on-call and is able to order up whatever sexual menu he feels like having that day! I suppose the same goes for a Mistress. Hmmm...

2008 note: I've just bought a used print copy from Ebay so this completes the memoir.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beauty & Submission.