Books's Reviews > Yesterday's Daughter

Yesterday's Daughter by Sallie Lundy-Frommer

Feb 05, 12

bookshelves: reviewed
Read from January 31 to February 04, 2012

First off I have to say that the cover of this book is absolutely stunning. And guess what? So is the book!

From reading the blurb, I thought to myself “oh geez, not another vampire love story”. Surprise, surprise! It is another vampire story, but not just any vampire story. It’s a unique tale with a different set of vampires which breaks away from the norm and takes the reader into a wonderful new world with an unusual culture and set of rules, unlike any other vampire novel I’ve read in the past few months.

This author’s writing style is much different to that which I’m accustomed to, and it took me about two or three chapters to get into to it; but for me it added to the beauty and style of the book. She also efficiently alternates between the different viewpoints of characters, and thus successfully avoids confusing the reader.

The main character, Grace, lives up to her name and really is a very “graceful” character. She has emotional boundaries that few other characters in the book can breach, but she lets the reader in on her thoughts and feelings, and into her world from page one. The second main character - and Grace’s love interest - Malachi is the epitome of everything we dream to see in the love of our lives. If you’re sick and tired of reading about perfect vampires, then this is the one that will have you falling madly in love with “perfect” all over again. I’m not going to spoil it and tell you why...

What also stood out for me and kept me turning the pages at a steady pace, was the background stories for each of the main role players. I found it fascinating, informative and it helped shape the characters so I could really get to know and understand them as I was following the story.

Why should you purchase this book or add it to your wishlist? Because it’s an action-packed, fast paced, sweet paranormal romance with unforgettable characters and a gripping plot with an ending that makes every minute spent reading this book worth it. And if that isn’t enough, the reader can also look forward to nail-biting intrigue, mystery, tons of secrets and the devil of it all – betrayal. The dialogue is superb and suites the characters and tone of the book perfectly. I won’t think twice giving this book to my dearest friends and family as a gift.

Taking into account that “Yesterday’s Daughter” is Sallie Lundy-Frommer’s debut novel and how splendidly it’s written, I am looking forward to seeing what she will offer her readers next. I found her elegant writing style unique and refreshing, and was left for days after finishing the book, with the same thought going through my mind again and again – this lady can write!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Yesterday's Daughter.