Violet Lewis's Reviews > frog who thought he was a horse

frog who thought he was a horse by Roger Vaughan Carr

F_50x66
Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: anphibians, emotional-health, life-cycles

This is a good book to read to children when they are learnining about frogs or life cycles of a frog. It also teaches many concepts like, as we grow we change and we can do anything if we try. It gives you the opportunity to teach the children position words as well.

Learning activity SD2d: Children will recognize that plants and animals have varying life cycles.

We will discuss what the children know about frogs. After reading the book, I will have the class recall some of the changes the frog went through as he grew. I will show the children real-life pictures of each process of the life cycle of the frog. I will create a file folder game in which the children can sequence the life cycle of the frog on their own. This file folder game will be put in the discovery center. I will ask them to describe the changes taking place during each life cycle process as they put the file folder puzzle in order.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read frog who thought he was a horse.