Jonathan's Reviews > A.D.D.: Adolescent Demo Division

A.D.D. by Douglas Rushkoff

5519663
Feb 11, 12

Read in February, 2012

It was a mess. An interesting mess but a mess nonetheless. It was too short so nothing had any time to develop, characters or ideas; but it's full of zeitgeist, practically brimming with it, so if you do read it, then you can be safe in the knowledge that you're riding the latest and sexiest of waves in popular culture. That may be one of it's other problems, it's just trying too damn hard to be current and relevant and ends up feeling like a slightly more gruesome episode of Level Up. Not that Level Up is a bad show by any means but it seems the creators of this book were trying to be a bit more subversive.

I don't like star ratings because they feel a little meaningless. So I'll give it a meaningless three because it's well drawn and it does contain a mix of ideas that I find I'm drawn to. However, I'm finding that I disagree with all the quotes from famous and better authors that are placed neatly on the cover. I suggest you believe Cory Doctorow, Grant Morrison and Ann Nocenti before you believe me because I am a mere reader.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A.D.D..