Violet Lewis's Reviews > Pumpkin Soup

Pumpkin Soup by Helen Cooper

F 50x66
Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: nutrition, friendship, sharing

Reading this book to children, is a great way to teach the concept of friendship. It is a book that can be used to teach children several concepts. The book is a great example of teaching the children about developing and maintaining good relationships and working together as a team. It also helps the children learn the concept of sharing and taking turns! The illustrations in the book are very vivid!

Learning activity: LD5f: The children will dramatize, tell and retell poems and stories.

I will ask the children to practice the skill of sharing and taking turns. While the children engage in learning centers they can practice these concepts. In homeliving specifically, I will encourage the children to pretend to make pumpkin soup. I will encourage each child to take on the role of one of the characters in the book (cat, duck, squirrel). I will encourage each child to practice taking turns putting their own pretend igredients in the pumpkin soup pot. In each learning center the children can practice taking turns and working together to get a common goal in that particular center accomplished.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pumpkin Soup.