Mojca's Reviews > Racing Against Time

Racing Against Time by Marie Ferrarella

The first in the lengthy Cavanaugh Justice series. For someone (like me) who started this series somewhere toward the end, this beginning might seem a bit odd, since there's an important character (that does appear in the later books) missing. So I'm looking forward to see how that pans out.

But let's focus on this first book for now. A gripping, intense tale of a judge and a detective (who just happen to have a connection—they danced once and sort of clicked, though he was married at the time and nothing happened) racing against time to save the judges kidnapped daughter.

The plot and tension were tight, the characterization great, and the development of the romantic sub-plot rather realistic, if a bit rushed toward the end. I would not have minded for a little more time to have passed before the final 'showdown'.

Everything worked, though the story did drag a bit here and there, and I can't wait to read more about the Cavanaughs that were all nicely paired-off when I actually started reading this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Racing Against Time.