Tifnie's Reviews > Dangerous Grains

Jan 24, 2012

bookshelves: health-nutrition
Recommended to Tifnie by: Kimberly
Read from January 20 to 23, 2012

This book was, to me, a worse case scenario. Unfortunately I was looking forward to reading this book because I thought it would give some good insight to gluten free diets. Although it did give good insight, it was more if you have celiac disease and have these alignments, here is what gluten free will do for you.

I think I was more in the mindset of previous reads like Fast Food Nation and Omnivore's Dilemma - gripping information for all stages of your dietary discovery.

All in all, very informative.

Dangerous Grains talks about the effects, long term effects, of a gluten rich diet and our health. Basically the average American comsumes cereal for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch, pasta for dinner. Maybe a cookie in between as a treat. Each meal has gluten. Gluten over-load actually. Many people who have chronic illnesses find that those illnesses are greatly reduced if not completely cured once they are diagnosed with Celiac Disease or/and they cut out gluten from their diet. Such illnesses that have improved or disappeared are Crohn's Disease, ADHD, Autism, digestive disorders, and Autoimmune disease to name just a few.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dangerous Grains.