Janette Fuller's Reviews > Facebook Ate My Life, And Other Poems

4919001
Jan 20, 12

bookshelves: non-fiction
Read in January, 2012

Mr. McDonnell has written four thought-provoking and entertaining poems for this ebook. The following poems are included in this collection;

"Facebook Ate My Life". The author expresses his reluctance to "connect" with some of the unpleasant people from his past.
"No Points For Neatness". Mr. McDonnell realizes that neatness is second to love when you have a houseful of children.
"Birthday Boy". The author decides to celebrate his life on the anniversary of his birth.
"The Phillies Have Won". Mr. McDonnell expresses joy after a long-awaited victory for his favorite baseball team.

Poetry like this is fun and entertaining. I don't claim to be an expert on poetry, but I enjoyed this ebook and it definitely brought a smile to my face. The author/poet has a talent for taking ordinary circumstances and expressing them in a poetic manner.

My only complaint is that the book ended too soon...I would like to read more. These four poems will wet your appetite and have you hoping that the author will soon publish more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Facebook Ate My Life, And Other Poems.