Adam's Reviews > Daytripper

Daytripper by Fábio Moon

Feb 04, 12

bookshelves: comics-graphic-novels
Read from January 20 to February 04, 2012 — I own a copy

On balance I really enjoyed this book, although I've got some quibbles about it. I like the plotting for the most part(view spoiler).

What I really liked about this is that it's a book about the small moments in life which, in retrospect, can be pivotal. Paths travelled or not.

The art in this book is really rich. The characters' faces are distinctive and expressive, and the settings feel real. But what I particularly enjoyed was the colouring, particularly things like the sunsets and the depiction of water.

As far as the text goes, I was less convinced; some of it feels clunky or forced - although this might be because I read the English translation rather than reading it in the original (which I couldn't have done even if it was available to me).

Another overall observation about the book is that it feels very 'latin' to me. Feelings are on the surface, and all the key decisions are made on impulse, instead of through logical or strategic thinking.

(view spoiler)

Anyway, despite these reservations, it's a great book, I'd recommend it to just about anyone.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Daytripper.