Kelly's Reviews > Aftershock

251943
Jan 24, 12

bookshelves: ebooks, read-in-2012, urban-fantasy
Read from January 23 to 24, 2012

Mirroring the opening events in End of the World but told from the perspective of Jhaer, this story follows the Unseelie leader as he attempts to give his people a place in the world of the mortals and save them from fading away. Interestingly enough, his actions are very similar to Lugh's, just above rather than in the world below. It always intrigues me when opposites side parallel one another.

The Unseelie court has always been of particular fascination for me. Generally speaking, they aren't bad guys but they are often times more ruthless in their actions than those of the Seelie court. Jhaer, who changes his name to Donovan to blend in with the humans better, has no issue with killing those that get in his way. That said, he does it to protect his people. I respect that. He kills so that his people will have a chance to thrive without the constant threat of annihilation hanging over their heads.

The length of the story doesn't take away from the character development and the world continues to expand in leaps and bounds. Lovely, evocative writing brings Jhaer's vision to life and makes me like the darkness of the Unseelie even more.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aftershock.