carol 's Reviews > The Starlight Rite

Oct 11, 12

bookshelves: bdsm, paranormal
Recommended for: Adults, erotica and Scifi fans
Read from October 05 to 09, 2012 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Cherise Sinclair has done it yet again, written a BDSM romance that appeals to the romantic in me, as much as the stories BDSM elements appeal, and which, in my opinion are so erotically portrayed. This story has a Sci fi setting, futuristic and set on the planet Nexus, one of a number of planets where humans migrated and settled in the past. It portrays Earth and Earthers, post moralistic wars, where through controlling organised religion people no longer are allowed to experience sexuality as a pleasurable bonding between two lovers, but as an overly repressed people where sex is for procreation only, touch and contact kept to a minimum and seen as dirty and a sin. Nexans are the opposite they explore and enjoy their sexuality in all it's forms and seeing the need to widen their gene pool they see sex as a sharing gift, again within the religion of being supported by their gods and goddesses. Mella, escaping an assassination attempt by her husband finds herself fending for her survival on which to her is an alien planet and culture. Sentenced to a short term as an unshuline or sex slave for a crime committed, she finds herself in the temporary ownership of Dain. His treatment of her, her experiences of opening up and exploring her sexuality and peace of mind within his clan family home are beautifully thought out and told by Cherise Sinclair with all the detail one has come to expect from her lovely stories. I have become an avid fan of this writers work. Two stories evolve here, one is the underlying crime story that adds conflict, of a husband bent on his wife's death and acquisition of her assets, the other of a young woman who finds despite marriage has no knowledge or understanding of the beauty of a sexuality shared with a dominant but caring and powerful man. For me it was one of these stories that has everything and therefore has to be five star.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Starlight Rite.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey Hiya Carol! This sounds really good. I think I'll give it a go. Hope you're well. xx

carol Lynsey wrote: "Hiya Carol! This sounds really good. I think I'll give it a go. Hope you're well. xx"

Hi Lynsey, I thoroughly enjoyed it...but I love Cherise's stories, that I've read so far.
Let me know when you do, what you think.
I'm well thanks, enjoying my editing and reading still:)
Hope all is well with you and the tax season rush of accounts isn't burning the candle both ends...we all need down time for relaxation:)