Daph (Loving Books)'s Reviews > Soulmates: Het verhaal van Sky

Soulmates by Joss Stirling

Oct 13, 13

bookshelves: 2011, arc-for-review, part-of-a-series, dutch, own-this-book
Read from May 11 to 12, 2012

Note: I read this book in Dutch.

After hearing so many awesome things about Finding Sky, I have to say I was more than a bit curious. So imagine my reaction when I got this one in for review. Eep! Yes, I did a little dance. And not for nothing; Finding Sky was a compelling read and I couldn't get enough of it.

Sky seems to be holding back a little in this book, but I can't say I blame her. She just moved across the Atlantic and doesn't really know anyone yet. At school, she meets Zed; a bad boy with a bad attitude who doesn't care about anything. Until he meets Sky, and claims she's his soulmate. Sky thinks he's crazy and doesn't believe in any of the soulmates stuff, so she holds him off (GO YOU!). But when she discovers he's a Savant, and she is, too, everything starts to unravel.

I really liked this idea of Savants and their world. There are many different kinds of Savants and I really enjoyed reading about them. I'm quite curious about the powers of the others!

For me personally, Sky was a little too shy, a little too introvert for my liking, even though it worked out for the story. Zed and Sky balanced eachother out pretty nicely, but I would have liked to see Sky being a little more assertive - but props for not giving into Zed's soulmate-stuff!

Overall, I really enjoyed reading this book. The writing kept me engaged while I found out more about the Savants and their powers. The way the world of the Savants was incorporated into the real world was very nicely done and has made me curious about what more there is to discover from their world. Where is the next Benedict brother?

Find this review and others on Loving Books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Soulmates.

05/11/2012 page 59
05/11/2012 page 119
28.0% "Despite the whole you-are-made-for-me-stuff, I'm really enjoying this one"
show 2 hidden updates…