Nawnee's Reviews > Getaway

bookshelves: freebie-books
Recommended to Nawnee by: Goodreads
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from February 10 to 12, 2012, read count: 1

I won this book in a Goodreads giveaway and was looking forward to reading a new author, new to me anyway. The story had a weird start for me, but after the second or third chapter I was starting to get interested in the characters. This story is set in exotic Puerto Vallarta. The book opens with the main character Michelle Mason on vacation, a vacation that was planned before her lying, cheat of a husband conveniently dies of a heart attack, leaving her bankrupt. Michelle immediately gets in over her head. She meets a man named Daniel and things just head down hill from there. Among the increasing threats, drug trafficking and police corruption the lonely and confused Michelle is an all too easy target when no one is who they seem. The story line moves along at a fast pace and kept getting more intriguing with each person Michelle met. It seemed that no matter what she tried she was trapped and didn't have much control over the direction that her life has taken.
This book is crammed with action and intrigue as Michelle is constantly thrust into impossible situations with no visible way out but to follow along. Her life depends upon her following along.
I really enjoyed this book until the cliff-hanger ending. With all the build up of the book I was hoping for a nice well rounded ending. But it would seem that the author plans on making a sequel, or I hope that's the case and they don't just leave us hanging. The book ended in way that Lisa could make more books with Michelle as the main character, this character is quirky and likable enough to pull off a series I think.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Getaway.

02/12/2012 page 306