Steph's Reviews > Visions of Heat

19 Dec 2009
Re-read: 25 Jan 2012

[Initial Review ~ Rating remains]

Re-Read Review (2012)
In Visions of Heat , Nalini introduces to one of the Psy's most protected assets, an F-Psy named Faith Nightstar. She can forecast the future and the Psy profit from her skills. F-Psy are known to fall into madness, so she expects the same to happen to her. She's constantly monitored for changes in her routines. When she is haunted by bad dreams, she seeks out "defector" Sascha Duncan (from Slave to Sensation), now with Lucas and the DarkRiver pack, for help.

In the process of looking for Sascha, she's caught on shifter land by Vaughn, a jaguar Sentinel in the DarkRiver pack. He's intrigued by Faith and loves testing her limits.

The pairing of these two was very yen and yang. Vaughn's beast is closer to the surface than most, which makes him a bit more animal than man sometimes. Conversely, Faith is completely unfamiliar to touch, which pack crave.

Nalini's political storyline continues to build and, in this edition to the series, we find out more about the Psy and the PsyNet. Knowing what is to come, I find this refresher is as interesting as it was the first time I read it. Only, this time it makes a bit more sense. I love how Nalini is able to blend so many different cultural issues, secrets and mysteries in with such well thought out characters and a hot HEA to boot.

There is something for everyone in this series. It continues to be one of my favorites. I am thoroughly enjoying my re-read. I'm finding there were little things I missed during my initial read. And, the narrator of the audiobooks does a very good job, which makes listening to the books very enjoyable.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visions of Heat.