ElaineY's Reviews > Over the Line

Over the Line by Cindy Gerard

Jul 06, 08

bookshelves: romantic-suspense, mf
Read in July, 2006

I generally stay away from romances featuring the hero or heroine in the entertainment industry so I had reservations about Over The Line. At least it didn't feature exes as To The Brink did. To me, exes should remain EX and should never be resurrected.

In Over The Line, thankfully Janey was not a spoilt rock star and the hero wasn't an ex. I also wish authors didn't make their protagonist's names similar. At one point, I forgot who was Janey and who Jase was. At times Jase is McCoy or else some nickname and Nolan was just shortened to No and I'd read that as the word 'no' rather than the short form for Nolan.

The romance developed nicely and if Gerard had lessened the number of would-be villains, the book would have been much better. As it was, the extra characters were annoyingly unnecessary and cluttered up this simple bodyguard-client romance.

Inspite of those minor grouses, it's the most enjoyable romance I've read these past few weeks. I loved the chemistry between J & J and the sensuality was hot. A great blend of sweet and spicy! I could do without the syrupy epilogue, though.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Line.