Jade Varden's Reviews > Confessions of an Average Half-Vampire

Confessions of an Average Half-Vampire by Lisa  Shafer

Jan 29, 12

Read from January 24 to 28, 2012

Think you know vampires? You've never met any quite like Eric, the hero of this tale. Most people think of vampires as sinister, cape-clad creatures with pointed fangs, but Eric is pretty much an average kid who goes to school, plays piano...and sneaks over to the neighbor's house to steal sheep blood.

So maybe he's not completely average, and neither is this book. Lisa Shafer is definitely an above-average writer, and the world she's painted is very real and relatable. She completely flips the script on everything we've been told about vampires, breathing new life into what I was convinced was a been-there, done-that subject. I'm happy to be proved wrong, and I'll happily read the next installment in Eric's tale when it's available.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confessions of an Average Half-Vampire.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Lisa Shafer Hey, thanks! Glad you liked it!

Jade Varden I did! I'll have a full review on it a little later. I love that you included a preview of the sequel. I always want a little more when I finish a really good book.

Lisa Shafer The sequel is ready for the proof stage. You can visit my blog for details. lisashafer.blogspot.com
I have your book on my wishlist. It's nearing the top of my TBR list, which is going slowly right now because of all my editing.

Jade Varden Thanks for the link! I know how editing can be. Take your time and focus on your book. I'm sure the sequel will be great!

Lisa Shafer Jade wrote: "Thanks for the link! I know how editing can be. Take your time and focus on your book. I'm sure the sequel will be great!"
Wow! Thanks for the review and for putting it up on Amazon!