Samantha's Reviews > Halflings

Halflings by Heather Burch

Jan 21, 12

Read from January 19 to 21, 2012

I really enjoyed Halflings! It was amazing. It had me gasping, crying, awing, and doing a little happy dance. The writing was very well written and it was enjoyable all around.

Cover: The cover is quite simple. The wings in the background have a meaning, but I'm not gonna mention it! :) I love the simplicity of it. Some covers can rock the over done look, but this works perfectly!

Plot: The plot kept me interested throughout the whole book. It had many plot twists, even though I saw some of them coming. It was one of those stories that I read in a day, actually a couple hours and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Lets start with Nikki. She was a kick butt black belt and an artist who did not run away. Even when being chased by Hell Hounds she ran, but in the end turned around and tried to fight. She stood up for what she believed in, and didn't take anyone's crap. She was in it till the end, and followed her gut. She sacrificed her happiness for someones well being!

Then there's Mace. Ah Mace. Everyone wants a Mace. He is sweet and caring, and only wants what's best for people. He is the rule follower and puts everyone's well being over his. He is the one that you would want to have your back, no matter what.

All in all: This was a really good book! It doesn't come out till February 1, but it is worth it to be put on your to be read list! 51 out of 51 tacos!
~~Sam :)
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Halflings.

01/19/2012 page 12