Chelsea's Reviews > It

It by Stephen King

May 02, 2016

bookshelves: horror-suspense, re-read, sexually-explicit-nsfw, magic
Read from March 27 to April 19, 2016 , read count: 4

The first time I read this book I was in the 8th grade. Yes, I know. There are mature themes in the book. However, I was mature for my age and had parental permission. (Definite Parental Guidance Suggested.)

Since this was the first Stephen King book I read (and it's beautifully written), it quickly became my favorite Stephen King book. I have since read it about 7-8 times.

This book is so complex in structure, character, plot. I think that I love it more and more everytime I read it, although I can now skim through some of the wordier expositions. As I've grown with the book, my favorite character has changed multiple times, I think my favorite scene is still that same, but my love of the book never fades. I have always loved the fact that the book switches POV between the children and their adult selves. It constantly keeps you guessing what will happen next since we only get the information in fragmented pieces.

I think If I was to start a conversation about this book with someone, I could talk about it forever. This is an amazing piece of literature, and it's intensely horrifying as well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read It.

03/27 marked as: read