Andrew Neveils's Reviews > 1st to Die

1st to Die by James Patterson

Jul 06, 2008

Recommended for: Anyone who likes suspense/thrillers/mysteries
Read in July, 2008

Wow! This book was great! I almost gave it 4-stars, as there are some subplot development issues (the main character, Lindsay, developed well as a character, but has a lot of things that happen out of the main plot that do not directly relate, but don't exactly take away - Patterson is trying to add more emotional, real-life appeal to the novel). Overall I loved it!

The book has a lot of suspense is a very quick read! Lindsay is trying to catch a "bride and groom" pyschopath killer while dealing with issues of life. She and three other girlfriends form a club - The Women's Murder Club - so they can solve the murders together, off the record, and as a "girls-only" atmosphere to alleviate the male dominated professions each woman is involved in. Lindsay is a senior inspector for the San Fransico PD, Cliare is the Assistant Medical Examiner, Cindy is a rookie reporter, and Jill is the Assistant District Attorney. These women come together and make real friendships as they each help each other's case, career, and life.

3/4 of the way into it I thought I had figured it out. Well nearly every chapter after turned the book into a corkscrew - twist after twist after twist. It did not take away from the book because you kept guessing! I was so close... Then, the ending is - killer.

Read it and continue on into the next books in the series!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 1st to Die.