Kristi's Reviews > Brea And The City Of Plastic

Brea And The City Of Plastic by Michelle Gamble-Risley

Apr 21, 12

bookshelves: free, friendship, humorous, requested-review, romance
Read in April, 2012

California Girl Chronicles: Brea and the City of Plastic is a fun bit of fluff. That's not a criticism, it's just stated as fact. There's no deep thought-provoking moments, it's just a fun story for pure entertainment purposes. We all need that from time to time. Fun and laughter are important elements to have in a life.

Brea is a 22-year-old wanna-be screenwriter who also happens to be completely inept at relationships. From Lance, to Kale, to Drew Brea's bed-jumping and bad decisions do start to wear a bit thin after bit. However, we've all been young and stupid once, so it's also a touch understanding. While Brea is a smart girl, she is definitely stupid when it comes to men and relationships. Who hasn't been at one point in time or another?

The book is touted as being "Sex in the City meets Entourage". While I wouldn't go that far with it, it's definitely an entertaining read. Brea doesn't have the years of experience that Carrie and her friends had, which tends to make her character have a little less depth than the City girls did. Not that they had a ton of it (depth), but they had a bit more life experience to round them out. Brea comes across as a shallow bit of fluff, but there's definite potential for her. The best part is the reader gets to go along for the ride. And what a ride it is. There's humor, hot and steamy sex scenes, and even some cringe-worthy moments. You know the ones. The "oh honey, I've been there" kind of moments.

So if you're looking for some fun, pick up a copy of California Girl Chronicles: Brea and the City of Plastic. Huh, that sort of sounds like "for a good time call". Which thinking of it, that might be apropos.

*Disclosure: I received this book for free in exchange for a review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brea And The City Of Plastic.